The Breakdown Room - Queensryche Discussion Forum

• September 02, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Breakdown Room is now closed. It has been a fun and effective 10 years. Thank you everyone. Come join the successor forum to The Breakdown Room -- The Open Road -- www.vindication156.net.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing RISING WEST  (Read 19233 times)

Samsara

• 81 Percent Owner & Operator
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
Introducing RISING WEST
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »

From TicketWeb.com:

On Friday June 8th and Saturday June 9th, the core members of Queensryche will debut their new band “Rising West” at the Hard Rock Café in Seattle WA. Rising West features Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, and Parker Lundgren of Queensryche, with powerhouse vocalist Todd La Torre of Crimson Glory. The band will be performing rare and classic hits from the first 5 Queensryche albums and plan on hitting the studio sometime early summer to begin recording their first release.

Direct links to shows:

Friday, June 8 -- http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4644075#

Saturday, June 9 -- http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4644085&pl=

:metal:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:09:47 PM by Samsara »

The Dark Master

• Global Mind
  • Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Re: Introducing RISING WEST
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:24 AM »

Well this is a nice piece of news to wake up to!  What a pleasant surprise.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:48:36 AM by The Dark Master »

Mebert78

• BdR Supporter
  • Global Mind
    • The Mooreatorium
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »

I can't help but wonder, does this announcement mark the end of QR? 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Metalingus32

• En Forcer
News flash!! Rising west!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 11:52:22 AM »

New band featuring the core members of queensryche and the singer from crimsom glory. I'm using my phone now but it's up on blabbermouth. There only playing stuff from the first 5 albums. First show is June 8th!

DarkLordTrading

• Rainbows are my thing
  • "Special" Contributor
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »

This must be the "good things coming" hint Scott posted on his Facebook page a while back!?!

So, I'm guessing that the present incarnation of Queensryche are fulfilling their current obligations with respect to touring commitments, and after that, Tate will go off and be a solo artist, while the other 3 will rebuild with Todd on vocals and see what happens, while putting Queensryche on indefinite hiatus, if not full on retirement.

Commander William Adama: There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

The Dark Master

• Global Mind
  • Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »

Officially, the band may continue to exist for a while to come, but between this and Tate's new record, I cannot imaging Queensryche being much of a priority in anyone's mind now.

ShadowOfTheWave

• Anarchist
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »

New guy sounds so much like Geoff it's scary! Should make for a great live show. I just wonder if he can write lyrics, or if he can good lyrics, because that will also be essential for the new band. Granted Geoff hasn't been at the top of his game there lately, but even if the band sounds exactly like QR if the lyrics are subpar it could be a detractor.

Samsara

• Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X

azjason

• Global Mind
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:00:24 PM »

This guy is an incredible vocalist. WOW.

Samsara

• Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »

Beyond excited for this.  :metal:

Gaguy

• Global Mind
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

Now I wonder if this is what prompted the alleged violence in Brazil. Perhaps they let Tate know of the new band and their intentions and he lost it? Just a thought.

I am all for the band forging a new path. The current one isn't working. Nobody will ever be able to touch Tate in his prime, but I think the fanbase is done with the subpar performances, cabaret, outside writers, etc.

tjtull

• BdR Supporter
  • En Forcer
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 12:07:27 PM »

Very interesting.  It is too bad they couldn't get THE key member of the core.  But I'm still more interested in hearing this new output than DTC.  I wish them all the best  :metal:

T-ski

• Global Mind
  • On Wisconsin!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »

Wow!  :o

This makes the last few weeks come into focus a bit.  Don't really understand why Parker is being kept aboard, but I guess he knows the songs and as its been noted, works on the cheap.

I'm very interested to hear what the new songs will sound like.  As much as I love the early Ryche, I don't want to hear 80's wailing vocals anymore. 
Who's the more foolish - the fool, or the fool who follows him?

Geoff Tate seems to have a "vested" interest in being in Queensryche.

New Reign

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 12:18:27 PM »

Hi guys. Newby here. Anyone know how this works as far as copyrights and whatnot? Will they be "allowed" to play so much of the QR catalogue with neither Geoff nor CDG on board?

Thanks. :metal:
\"Think for yourself and feel the walls become sand beneath your feet\".

DarkLordTrading

• Rainbows are my thing
  • "Special" Contributor
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »

Very interesting.  It is too bad they couldn't get THE key member of the core.  But I'm still more interested in hearing this new output than DTC.  I wish them all the best  :metal:

Maybe the "Key member of the core" may visit the studio and do a little writing with them just for the hell of it.
Commander William Adama: There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

Tyleete

• BdR Supporter
  • En Forcer
    • Waiting For 22
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »

Oh HELL yeah!  Thank you SO much for putting this up!
I had to change around my plans a bit, as I was supposed to be in the Quinault Rainforest that night, but screw that!  Now I'm taking my son and meeting up my best mate for this.  Can't wait!
THANKS!
The key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering~~Brandon Lee

ShadowWalker

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 12:23:05 PM »

Hi guys. Newby here. Anyone know how this works as far as copyrights and whatnot? Will they be "allowed" to play so much of the QR catalogue with neither Geoff nor CDG on board?

As long as the venue has paid up on its agreements to ASCAP and BMI, bands can play anything they want. Rising West would not need any special permission to play classic Queensryche material the same way a tribute band would not need special permission to play the songs. Now if they are recorded for release, copyright law might come into effect, but as far as live performances go, it is open season, from what I understand...

Setlist Scotty

• Global Mind
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »

Bit of a bummer that CDG isn't involved and I'm surprised that Parker is, but I guess I'm just very surprised by this news in general. Props to Michael, Scott and Eddie doing something about their situation! I'm curious as to why they opted to go with a different band name instead of just boot Tater out of the band, but I'm sure there's good reasons for it.

I'll definitely be interested in seeing how things develop from here!

Also, I'm surprised that there's no mention of this on QR.com....or am I?!   ::)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:26:33 PM by Setlist Scotty »

Samsara

• Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »

As long as the venue has paid up on its agreements to ASCAP and BMI, bands can play anything they want. Rising West would not need any special permission to play classic Queensryche material the same way a tribute band would not need special permission to play the songs.

This.

tjtull

• BdR Supporter
  • En Forcer
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 12:27:06 PM »

Maybe the "Key member of the core" may visit the studio and do a little writing with them just for the hell of it.

One can hope  :metal:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up