The Breakdown Room - Queensryche Discussion Forum

• November 27, 2014, 07:55:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Breakdown Room is now closed. It has been a fun and effective 10 years. Thank you everyone.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Geoff Tate and "band member" interviews promoting Tateryche  (Read 69492 times)

Deathless

• Global Mind
Re: Geoff Tate and "band member" interviews promoting Tateryche
« Reply #620 on: June 10, 2013, 08:36:47 AM »

Tate also makes another rather odd remark about Chris, which of course conflicts with what Whip has been telling us lately;

Good chemistry is an integral part of making records like that. Although there have been detours throughout Queensryche’s longevity, do you think Chris Degarmo and yourself will ever get together and write music again?

Tate: Yeah, I would like to do that and tried many times over the years. Chris had moved on to a different lifestyle, a whole different way of living now. His head isn’t in it. He’s really become a different person.  I don’t see any high hopes of anything coming about in the future.

We see each other probably once a month- play golf, have lunch. Every time I get together with him I always say you got any songs, you want to work on something, and he says, “Eh, I haven’t picked up the guitar in 3 years, I’m not really in that space anymore.”

So Chris hasn't picked up a guitar in three years (despite playing at the Seahawks game in '11) and despite him "still having the fire" and "having a hard-drive full of music" he's done with one of his two passions?

Uh, right...

Rockox

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • /str/ does not equal /shtr/
« Reply #621 on: June 10, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »

CDG giving Tate the cold shoulder. Haha.

"Hey do you wanna see a movie this weekend?"
"Nah, I...don't really watch movies anymore. In fact I haven't been to a theatre in years."
"I just saw you at Fast and the Furious 6 last weekend."
"Oh, yeah, well aside from that..."
I play golf with Chris DeGarmo.

Samsara

• 81 Percent Owner & Operator
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »

Considering Chris has been playing with his daughter over the past few years, he certainly plays.  :rollin

Tate ismaking it worse for himself. Wilton is obviously saying to everyone that Chris approves of what they are doing, and Tate is showing that Chris wants nothing to do with him.

Dumb.

EvilAshLives

• En Forcer
« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »

DroppingTheNeedle.com video interview, published June 10, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Sqk6MbmkE

Check out 9:25, where Geoff states that he likes the chugga-chugga guitar sound.
At 18:10, Geoff says he lives for the smell of other people's shit early in the morning.

EvilAshLives
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:29:59 AM by EvilAshLives »

Floof

• Global Mind
« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »

Considering Chris has been playing with his daughter over the past few years, he certainly plays.  :rollin

Tate is making it worse for himself. Wilton is obviously saying to everyone that Chris approves of what they are doing, and Tate is showing that Chris wants nothing to do with him.

Dumb.

Even if Chris hasn't made an official statement on the split, this speaks volumes about where he stands.

Rockox

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #625 on: June 10, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »

DroppingTheNeedle.com video interview, published June 10, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Sqk6MbmkE

17:03 I'm sure his manager wife has thought of the PR.
17:13 There may not be a due date on Geoff Tate, but there sure is a best before date. And that date has passed, friends.

Prognathous

• En Forcer
« Reply #626 on: June 10, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »

We see each other probably once a month- play golf, have lunch. Every time I get together with him I always say you got any songs, you want to work on something, and he says, “Eh, I haven’t picked up the guitar in 3 years, I’m not really in that space anymore.”

Yet as recently as late 2011 CDG said the following (from http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/41500/rocker-chris-degarmo)

I don't know that even in the beginning I felt an obligation other than to myself to love music and write music. I still do both of those. I love music and listen to music all the time. I still write as well. As far as it being shared, that is more complex. I've continued to write a bunch of music and I have a personal obligation to my creative self that hasn't changed. Whether it will ever see the light of day in a listenable form for others ... that remains a question mark. I'd like it to happen though. I'm sure someone would appreciate a listen. It's not out of the questions.

thrashinbatman

• Global Mind
  • The castles built will fall...
« Reply #627 on: June 10, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »

Makes you wonder where Tate got that idea from, because he obviously still plays. Maybe it's just DeGarmo doesn't want anything to do with making music with Tate.

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • The Most Fabulous Rattlesnake in the QR-Verse
« Reply #628 on: June 10, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »

Well, I mean, Chris obviously doesn't play anymore and isn't interested in music or else he'd be falling all over himself to play with Tate, RIGHT?!?!?!
Purveyor of CENSORSHIP!!!!111!!11!1!  :rollin

Deathless

• Global Mind
« Reply #629 on: June 10, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »

I'm just surprised (I shouldn't be) that Tate has the balls to say that he and Chris still talk and they eat lunch/golf once a month.

If Tate was the reason I left my band not once but twice, I seriously doubt I would still eat lunch with the guy, play golf etc. And I sure as hell wouldn't offer any of my music to him!

Now we're not privy to their relationship but I doubt him and Chris speak... at all.

thrashinbatman

• Global Mind
  • The castles built will fall...
« Reply #630 on: June 10, 2013, 10:49:34 AM »

Didn't Rockenfield and Wilton also say that the possibility of DeGarmo doing something with QR again is possible? There is a really big difference between the answers.

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #631 on: June 10, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »

Geoff's well-documented history of lying and contradicting himself gives me absolutely no reason to think he has the "relationship" with CDG that he claims.

Rockox

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #632 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:10 AM »

This interview is hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Sqk6MbmkE (the Dropping the Needle interview, posted earlier)

At 3:10, he talks about how he wants to put out a record every 6 months: "I don't wanna wait two years to put out a record...I wanna talk about what's happening now." As soon as the interviewer suggests something more immediate, like a single on iTunes or digital EPs, Tate poo-poos the idea and says he's "old school" and that it's all about money. Is that enough for submission into the contradiction thread?

And then the video suspiciously cuts to a conversation about the Mindcrime tour.  :rollin :rollin

"No limits" alert at 5:48. EVERYBODY DRINK!!

Eddyspeeder

• Global Mind
  • Tri-Leaf
« Reply #633 on: June 10, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »

Tate also makes another rather odd remark about Chris, which of course conflicts with what Whip has been telling us lately;

Chris seems to be playing a lot of golf lately; with Wilton, with Tate... I wouldn't be surprised if pictures of people wearing a button saying "I play golf with Chris DeGarmo" will be the next internet meme :lol
"Todd La Torre is the Phil Collins of metal" –NWO

Rockox

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #634 on: June 10, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if pictures of people wearing a button saying "I play golf with Chris DeGarmo" will be the next internet meme :lol

Love this.

Mebert78

• BdR Supporter
  • Global Mind
    • The Mooreatorium
« Reply #635 on: June 10, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »

"No limits" alert at 5:48. EVERYBODY DRINK!!

Seriously!  He says that in every interview now.

And the whole "smear campaign" thing.  Didn't Geoff invite fans to rant about F.U.  So, in essence, he's smearing himself.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #636 on: June 10, 2013, 12:55:11 PM »

So, in essence, he's smearing himself.

Mebert78!!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!

:biggrin:

rukh316

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Todd La Torre- The peoples singer!!!
« Reply #637 on: June 10, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »

Geoff's well-documented history of lying and contradicting himself gives me absolutely no reason to think he has the "relationship" with CDG that he claims.
My own 2 cents on this; this is one lie that Tate feels safe with because I feel he believes that Chris isn't going to come out and set the record straight. So if there's no one to come out and call bullshit on Tater ( and Chris would be the only one to do it on this) Vest can keep selling it as gospel. With all the rest of it, I think even Tater realizes that this whole thing has basically gotten to a level of awful that it doesn't matter whether he tells the truth or continues to spout BS. Those who don't like his dishonesty and call him on it have more than enough to prove his full of excrement, and those who are going to support him; well, if they haven't fled at this point, they're pretty much lifers.
 Oh, Mebert, that's just gross  :rollin :rollin
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

Prognathous

• En Forcer
« Reply #638 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:41 AM »

I'm just surprised (I shouldn't be) that Tate has the balls to say that he and Chris still talk and they eat lunch/golf once a month.

Now we're not privy to their relationship but I doubt him and Chris speak... at all.

In the link posted earlier DeGarmo does state: "I'm still on good terms with anyone. I didn't leave on any bad terms. We're still connected and communicating.", so FWIW I can believe he has at least maintained a cordial relationship with Tate. However, I think it's telling that in said interview he mentions having tried Whip Ale but not Insania - make of that what you will.

As to their exact relationship and as to whether or not CDG has been fobbing Tate off about making music with him I wouldn't like to even guess. It's seemingly impossible to know whether or not Tate's lying through his teeth these days.

Rockox

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #639 on: June 11, 2013, 07:17:51 AM »

My own 2 cents on this; this is one lie that Tate feels safe with because I feel he believes that Chris isn't going to come out and set the record straight. So if there's no one to come out and call bullshit on Tater

I think that's a VERY good point, rukh. Let's assume Chris and Tate have gone out to play a round of golf (I mean, who hasn't, amirite? ;)). If they've talked about the court proceedings, Chris could've just said "look man, I've got nothing to do with this. QR is an old job I don't have any interest in anymore, so I'm not gonna come out and speak out about it in support of anybody." And so Tate would figure he could say whatever he wants about Chris as long as it isn't completely outlandish.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49   Go Up