The Breakdown Room - Queensryche Discussion Forum

• August 26, 2016, 04:52:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Sister Mary" Pamela Moore shares some tidbits on her next record, and looks back at Resurrect Me: http://bit.ly/2apxXtc

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: Geoff Tate and "band member" interviews promoting Tateryche  (Read 102240 times)

Mebert78

• Global Mind
    • The Mooreatorium
Re: Geoff Tate and "band member" interviews promoting Tateryche
« Reply #620 on: June 14, 2013, 08:35:16 AM »

I've been poking around YouTube today and pulling up old interviews from the 1980s that feature Geoff.  Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if he said any crazy stuff in those interviews like he does today with Tateryche, but perhaps it was not picked up on back then because there was no Internet.  He says he's overly scrutinized these days and always acted like he does now, but I haven't seen off-the-wall statements in the old interviews yet.  The only weird thing was him openly smoking on a TV show, but I'm sure that was accepted in those days.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:12:37 AM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

rukh316

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Todd La Torre- The peoples singer!!!
« Reply #621 on: June 15, 2013, 12:33:30 AM »

No, he's just being economical.  He can recycle that quote when the next "new" drummer arrives!  :lol
:rollin Geoff Tate, the "green" singer. All interviews now certified to contain 81% recycled material, just like his music  :biggrin:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

BattleStarSpazzTastica

• Initiate
    • www.BigMusicGeek.com

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Reformed fan girl...
    • Trans World Tribe
« Reply #623 on: June 20, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »

Merged. Please post all of Tate's interviews about his version of Queensryche in this thread. Thanks.

Rockox

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Hidden not hidden
« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »

A really weird Music & Mayhem interview with Geoff Tate (which sounds like it was taken in April but was just posted today):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR1leCeisTY
I play golf with Chris DeGarmo.

rukh316

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »

The latest:

http://www.talive.com/2013/06/interview-queensryche-playing-the-state-theatre-june-13/

The interviewer is just a *tad* biased, as there is no mention of there being another Queensryche or the drama that's been going on over the past year. Also, she asks clueless "questions" like this:

Here's what I thought was the funniest bit:

1) His band is so professional that they never make mistakes.  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

2) He never refers to the "new drummer" by name, probably because he has no idea what it is.  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Point one is so preposterous I'm hurting myself laughing. I'm truly hoping that this interview took place before the show that day. This was the show our own Shadow Walker went to  where they had to stop and restart a song  :doh: :doh: :doh:  ( I don't recall which one off the top of my head). Knowing Tate, if the interview was before, as I'm guessing it would be, he'll probably blame the poor girl for jinxing everything
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

Prognathous

• En Forcer
« Reply #626 on: June 21, 2013, 01:30:05 AM »

http://www.bigmusicgeek.com/queensrycheinterview.html

This, right here, is why Tate isn't the deep thinking, intelligent (lol), renaissance man he likes to portray:

There is no industry. It's a model that's gone and it's gone because of downloading, simple as that.

It's not as simple as that and it never has been. Downloading hasn't helped, but it has always been, and always will be, glib to blame falling record sales entirely on downloading.

Plus, I think Adele would be interested to know how she's managed to sell so many copies of 21 without an industry.

rukh316

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #627 on: June 21, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »

Or Lady GaGa or a ton of other acts. Has the industry changed, sure did. If you measure what you've done compared to your contemporaries instead of what the industry was in the 80's and early 90's, your performance is abysmal Geoff. No amount of spin is going to change that. The only thing that will change it is to start making better music and try to get your voice into better shape.

Lidane

• Global Mind
  • Self-Rescuing Princess
« Reply #628 on: June 21, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Reformed fan girl...
    • Trans World Tribe
« Reply #629 on: June 21, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »

"Well, it's my life, it's my music, my words, my creativity, my passion, you know?"

Me me me... my my my... that is the perfect encapsulation of how Tate thinks--it is ALL about him.

Mebert78

• Global Mind
    • The Mooreatorium
« Reply #630 on: June 21, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »

I'm sure this is exactly what his manager wants to hear:

TATE: Playing With New Musicians After 30 Years Is 'Like Making Love With A Different Woman'

:doh:

Haha.  Someone should make a list of tate's wacky quotes over the past year or so.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Rockox

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Hidden not hidden
« Reply #631 on: June 21, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »

Best comment: "But you can't get it up anymore."  :rollin
I play golf with Chris DeGarmo.

AlamoCityRycher

« Reply #632 on: June 21, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »

http://www.bigmusicgeek.com/queensrycheinterview.html

8)
Here's what I don't get about this:

This is the first Queensrÿche record that I've done where my hands haven't been tied behind my back, ya know?

Such would imply that he was being forced by Whip, Eddie, and Scott to do material that he didn't want to do, when there are sworn statements from them saying it was the other way around. And the writing credits tell the tale. If anyone was tying his hands behind his back, it was Jason Slater and the other people Tate was writing with — who, coincidentally, are along for the FU ride as well. So why is it that his hands aren't tied behind his back anymore?

I wish these alleged music journalists would actually, you know, do some actual journalism as opposed to glorified PR.

WestOThePecos

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • I am dwelling in the path seeking for truth!
« Reply #633 on: June 21, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »

This one made me laugh: " 'susan... SUSAN!!!!! damage control, damage control dammit ! miranda, where is my wine ?????' "

Why that analogy, of all analogies? If he used what Garth used, we'd all understand, but seriously? I'm sure Susan's spinning her head at 1000 mph!  :rollin :rollin

This username had me laughing so hard my sides are now sore: Bunghole in the Jungle

I think it's time GT just shuts up....seriously....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:22:28 PM by WestOThePecos »
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZ!! THE PHOTOSHOPS!!! F**K!!

Lidane

• Global Mind
  • Self-Rescuing Princess
« Reply #634 on: June 21, 2013, 12:25:43 PM »

Best comment: "But you can't get it up anymore."  :rollin

This one, too:

Yeah but isn't the object to bang a better woman?

:lol :lol :lol

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Reformed fan girl...
    • Trans World Tribe
« Reply #635 on: June 21, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »

Haha.  Someone should make a list of tate's wacky tacky quotes over the past year or so.

Fixed!

profusion

• Global Mind
« Reply #636 on: June 21, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »

He added: "This is the music that got them off as young people, so they're throwing everything they've got into it. Every note, every beat they're playing like it's the last thing they're going to, and for me, I'm inspired by that, enthralled with it."

Uh, Geoff, both of the Sarzo brothers are older than you. Just wanted to make sure you knew that. :lol

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Reformed fan girl...
    • Trans World Tribe
« Reply #637 on: June 21, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »

Uh, Geoff, both of the Sarzo brothers are older than you. Just wanted to make sure you knew that. :lol

Yeah, Rudy had already been around for a long time when Mindcrime came out. I mean, that was '88. Even Tate was almost 30 by then.

rukh316

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #638 on: June 22, 2013, 07:21:21 AM »

Other major issue with that statement is that they aren't playing every note. They miss a bunch daily and mutilate several others. He really needs to have a CT scan because there has to be something not wired properly up there.  :doh:

TheLadyWorePlaid

• Initiate
« Reply #639 on: June 22, 2013, 01:22:39 PM »

Not only are the Sarzos older than him, weren't Gane and Gray his bandmates pre-Queensryche?  Who exactly does he think grew up listening to Mindcrime?  Sass Jordan?  She's 51! :doh:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47   Go Up