The Breakdown Room - Queensryche Discussion Forum

• April 19, 2014, 06:09:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Breakdown Room is now closed. It has been a fun and effective 10 years. Thank you everyone. Come join the successor forum to The Breakdown Room -- The Open Road -- www.vindication156.net.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: You tell em, Todd!!!!  (Read 3724 times)

Cooler Denmost

• Anarchist
You tell em, Todd!!!!
« on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:46 AM »

Woke to find this on FB this morning.

Todd La Torre
Yes, Queensryche fans are very intelligent people, and this is why the majority go to www.queensrycheofficial.com for all of the latest news having to do with those that WROTE THE MUSIC for the last 30 years. That is the reality. Thank goodness I'm not a hired gun with only a voice. When I write a song, I can actually play all of the instruments. Queensryche has a new dynamic that it never had before. The cherry on top: We have the strongest artist management company in the business, the world class producer/engineer James Barton on our new record, a wonderful new booking agency, QR's crew and touring manager, have since shared the stage with the loved Pamela Moore, and re-establishing global contacts that are eager to book us. If that isn't a testament to what the majority of people and peers deem as the most valued version of today's QR then I don't know what is. Another reality is that we are moving forward with a new album while playing material off of the first 5 albums, which includes the EP. Queen of the Reich: Yes, people do stare speechless, because they are shocked to hear the song performed well, a song that "broke out" this legendary pioneering band. Shame on anyone to deny the music that garnished fans in the first place and still resonates 30 years later. I couldn't be more proud to front my favorite band, sing with passion, and take time at every show to acknowledge every person I can. Queensryche is rising once again, respecting the fans first and foremost, which is why we(the band) all interact with the fans...a far cry from so many other artist's social sites. We all thank you all for embracing the change and positive new energy of the band, music, and growth. Thank you so much!

AlamoCityRycher

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Il Duce of the Ryche
Re: You tell em, Todd!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:50:54 AM »

WOW. Great statement. Pretty much says it all, IMO.  :metal:
"'he can't sing the old stuff but that's for 20 year olds'...There's a damn near 40 year old who's out on the stage every goddamn night absolutely nailing the 'old stuff' and blowing the roof off of every place he goes. His name is Todd, and he is the future." — rukh316

Big Log

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Buy my album ... it sucks and you can tell me so.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:00:08 AM »

I apologize in advance but try as I might to come up with a different way to phrase this, there is really only one way to truly sum this up ... Todd is the Fucking Man!!!   :metal:
You can put out an album that says FU on the cover ... or you can put out an album that says FU because it kicks ass.  I'll take the latter.

christophercale

• En Forcer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:02:34 AM »

Double WOW!  Man, you can just feel the passion flowing from the dude just by reading his post....   My crystal ball tells me that it is a sign of things to come and we are just starting to see the beginning of something awesome....   it's coming folks...   :metal: :metal:

Rock On!

Christopher

rukh316

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Todd La Torre- The peoples singer!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 05:07:43 AM »

The man never ceases to amaze me. He comes into a situation that would be daunting to anyone, replacing someone who was once considered by many the pre-eminent voice in metal, and he handles EVERYTHING, from the Tater-tots bashing, to actual fans worries, with grace, humility, and style. Viewing Little man Tate and Todd side by side is like a drag race between a Viper and a Smart car. It goes without saying Todd's running on 10 cylinders and Tater's the motorized rollerskate  :biggrin:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

Morpheous

• Global Mind
  • Should JT take the Red Pill or the Blue Pill?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:42:40 AM »

Well stated, Todd will do what has not been done in more than a decade, QR will be like the Phoenix and rise from the ashes!  :metal:

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • The Most Fabulous Rattlesnake in the QR-Verse
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:35:10 AM »

When he posts things like this, it always reminds me that TLT is a fan just like we are. It must be even more frustrating for him to read Tate's verbal diarrhea than it is for us since he's in the band. The post is even more awesome because it's a completely even-keeled response, yet totally demolishes Tate. I <3 TLT.
Purveyor of CENSORSHIP!!!!111!!11!1!  :rollin

Teardrop Collector

• Global Mind
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »

Touché -  he definitely cranked it up a notch here.

I just hope that he does not let himself be dragged into a mud slinging contest with GT.

DMR

• En Forcer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 06:50:03 AM »

Agreed. Staying out of the press and quietly/diligently doing their work has made them look great in comparison to Tate's endless self-inflicted wounds to his image. I wouldn't want TLT to get too into the press thing just yet. Not until after the new record is out to favorable reviews.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • The Sensation of the Cherokee Nation!
    • Wor Party/band homepage
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »

He's also a no B.S. kind of gentleman! :metal:
Bite off more than  you can chew, then start chewin'.

IncredibleFulk

• Global Mind
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 06:57:45 AM »

I wonder if something happened that was the straw that broke the camel's back? He's not quiet by any means, but he hasn't fired any shots like this before. Is he just gaining more confidence, or did something happen that set him off?

ahrayeph

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Syncopating Marshall Of The Rÿche
    • Ahrayeph Official Website
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

At least what Todd is saying is done respectfully. Respectful towards the QR legacy as well as their fans. A far cry from the interview ramblings and on stage insults from The Guy Who Used To Sing In Queensrÿche. I agree they should keep their heads focused towards the positive things they're doing right now, which is the record, the gigs and the more open attitude towards their fan base, but with all the flak Todd's been copping ever since he became QR's singer, a message like this is allowed on occasion, imo...
And you're... what? Shocked and disappointed? I'm a BdR Moderator

AlamoCityRycher

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Il Duce of the Ryche
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »

It must be even more frustrating for him to read Tate's verbal diarrhea than it is for us since he's in the band.
Yep, that's the idea I got as well. I would not be at all surprised if that's why he finally spoke out the way he did.
"'he can't sing the old stuff but that's for 20 year olds'...There's a damn near 40 year old who's out on the stage every goddamn night absolutely nailing the 'old stuff' and blowing the roof off of every place he goes. His name is Todd, and he is the future." — rukh316

Big Log

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Buy my album ... it sucks and you can tell me so.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

It must be even more frustrating for him to read Tate's verbal diarrhea than it is for us since he's in the band.
Yep, that's the idea I got as well. I would not be at all surprised if that's why he finally spoke out the way he did.

But from everything I've heard about him, I get the impression that what pisses him off the most about the GT-VD (verbal diarrhea) is that it is so dismissive of the fans and what QR has meant to a lot of people.  Whatever irritation he has about what GT is saying about him, I suspect is dwarfed by his anger at how he is treating the fans and the band's legacy.
You can put out an album that says FU on the cover ... or you can put out an album that says FU because it kicks ass.  I'll take the latter.

Lucretia

• Khaleesi/Ice Queen
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • The Most Fabulous Rattlesnake in the QR-Verse
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

Oh, absolutely. That's what I meant. I don't think Todd cares much what Tate says about him, but rather is frustrated at how he insults the fans and marginalizes the contributions of Whip, Scott and Ed. Todd now knows what those guys really are capable of, and to watch Geoff put them and the fans down has got to be infuriating.
Purveyor of CENSORSHIP!!!!111!!11!1!  :rollin

Lerxstcat

• Global Mind
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 07:22:15 AM »

But from everything I've heard about him, I get the impression that what pisses him off the most about the GT-VD (verbal diarrhea) is that it is so dismissive of the fans and what QR has meant to a lot of people.  Whatever irritation he has about what GT is saying about him, I suspect is dwarfed by his anger at how he is treating the fans and the band's legacy.

The fans, and his bandmates who have become his family as well!   He probably read the interview where Tate called Queen Of The Recih "adolescent" and is sick of him disrespecting the music above all else, knowing it's because he can't hack that stuff anymore.   He must be pretty bitterly disappointed in a man he idolized for long years, watching him denigrate that great music and his bandmates who created the actual music.    Todd knows what great guys they are and has had to read GT knocking them nonstop in the press.    I'm amazed that he has kept his calm as well as he has, because he obviously cares deeply about the band and everything it means to us all.    I think what he did say, he said beautifully, and as usual, with the utmost class.

Samsara

• 81 Percent Owner & Operator
  • Administrator
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 07:27:48 AM »

Unlike the former singer of Queensryche, Todd has his finger on the pulse of what Queensryche really is, because he was and is, a fan. It may seem a trivial point, but it's not. Not every fan has the skills Todd does to recognize what the band needs, and be able to deliver it, without sticking his nose up in the air to other people.

Todd has the voice, he has the songwriting talent and he's grounded. Feels good to have a singer of a band you can believe in again.

Lidane

• Global Mind
  • Self-Rescuing Princess
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 07:31:21 AM »

I wonder if something happened that was the straw that broke the camel's back? He's not quiet by any means, but he hasn't fired any shots like this before. Is he just gaining more confidence, or did something happen that set him off?

I'm guessing Tate's latest round of verbal diarrhea set Todd off.

He said it all better than I could have. Go Todd!  :metal:

AlamoCityRycher

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Il Duce of the Ryche
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »

Oh, definitely. I certainly don't think TLT would say anything if his sole ax to grind was personal, if that makes any sense. I'd have said something too, after hearing Tater say that QotR was met with blank stares after hearing people going crazy hearing that song night after night.

Tazrules

• BdR Supporter
  • Global Mind
  • QueensrÿcheOFFICIAL fan with Syl
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Standing ovation for Todd's post!  It's amazing the amount of respect I have for the guy, and the amount of admiration and eagerness for what my favorite band is now returning to...

GREATNESS.

I've enjoyed every QR show I've been to, but NONE of them had the fire and energy coming from each band member like the one just recently at the LA House of Blues last month.
Flowing like a mental stream, a seamless laser beam!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up