The Breakdown Room - Queensryche Discussion Forum

• October 25, 2014, 03:08:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Breakdown Room is now closed. It has been a fun and effective 10 years. Thank you everyone.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP: Mike Scaccia from Ministry  (Read 626 times)

screaminginseattle

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
RIP: Mike Scaccia from Ministry
« on: December 23, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »

Sad story - collapsed on stage and died on his way to the hospital - only 47 years old.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=781755

I love old Ministry.  Psalm 69 is a classic album that Mike played on.

SiS

rukh316

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Todd La Torre- The peoples singer!!!
Re: RIP: Mike Scaccia from Ministry
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »

Psalm 69 is easily my favorite work by Ministry. SIS, I'm having trouble with the link. Did they say if he had any health issues that may have contributed, or was it totally out of the blue?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

screaminginseattle

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »

Just checked link - its working.

But no mention of him being sick, or having issues.

Actually what they are saying, bizarre as it is, is that the strobe lights that they were using on stage were too intense and caused him to have a seizure on stage and he died from the seizure.  Supposedly, he actually asked the crew to turn off the lights because he was having problems and for whatever reason they didnt turn them off and he had the seizure.

Ministry shows are pretty intense so the strobes dont surprise me.

SiS

rukh316

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Todd La Torre- The peoples singer!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »

Just checked link - its working.

But no mention of him being sick, or having issues.

Actually what they are saying, bizarre as it is, is that the strobe lights that they were using on stage were too intense and caused him to have a seizure on stage and he died from the seizure.  Supposedly, he actually asked the crew to turn off the lights because he was having problems and for whatever reason they didnt turn them off and he had the seizure.

Ministry shows are pretty intense so the strobes dont surprise me.

SiS
I guess he had that condition they warn about with the video games and some other intense visual stuff. One of the guys in my circle of friends from high school actually had that happen once. You read those warnings, and you just kind of laugh it off, until you see someone actuall lapse into a seizure. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Thanks for the heads up on the link, SIS, will definitely go try to check it out again.
It's got to be on my end and the companies crack commando IT department screwing the pooch again  :doh:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

Alan

• Anarchist
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »

I feel bad for Casey Orr who plays bass with both RM and Ministry. It was about a year ago he was playing in GWAR and Corey Smoot died. That has to be really freaky.

Hehasthejazzhands

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

Quote from: Wikipedia
"Although initial reports suggested a seizure possibly caused by the strobe lighting at the venue, the coroner indicated the cause of death to be "sudden heart attack brought on by heart disease".

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20836131
"I think I'd rather watch Chris DeGarmo fly a plane."

Disparil

• En Forcer
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 12:20:36 AM »

Actually what they are saying, bizarre as it is, is that the strobe lights that they were using on stage were too intense and caused him to have a seizure on stage and he died from the seizure.  Supposedly, he actually asked the crew to turn off the lights because he was having problems and for whatever reason they didnt turn them off and he had the seizure.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=184005 one of the comments:

"Mike never asked about the lights be turn off Bruce did at the beginning of the show so the drummer could see his drums better, 6 songs in when Mike collapse..."
"Eddie Jackson has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead, it is just afraid to move." -TJ_1979

The_Whisper

• En Forcer
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 06:25:04 AM »

I've only heard "The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste" from Ministry, so I don't have any contact with Scaccia's work. But still, rest in peace, Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up