The Breakdown Room - Queensryche Discussion Forum

• December 20, 2014, 09:20:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Breakdown Room is now closed. It has been a fun and effective 10 years. Thank you everyone.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Interview with Scott Rock  (Read 904 times)

Deathless

• Global Mind
New Interview with Scott Rock
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:45 PM »

Scott was recently featured on Live from Music City (Feb. 7).

You can listen here -link

Scott talks about the band, but he spends most of the interview talking about his idols, his own businesses, and the music business in general.

Not much we haven't heard before, but Scott said he expects the album "to be on the street in early spring".

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:02:21 PM by Deathless »

saskmetal

• En Forcer
Re: New Interview with Scott Rock
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:12:44 PM »

Very interesting interview.   Scott opened up about quite a few things, but avoided some of the more challenging topics.   He must be a busy man with all those projects and businesses on the go.  Good for him.

I just wish we could get an interview where some of the difficult questions were asked, and see how he responds.   I know he want to keep everything positive and all about the new band, new album, etc....but he was only involved in the biggest band drama that I can think of between any band in the last 15 years, and the elephant is still in the room.   Maybe some of the drama can't be talked about until the court case, but there are still plenty of questions that could be asked.   

Such as:

- Susan as manager, how it happened, regrets, whether it was actually her trying to run the show, or more like Geoff with his personal assistant?
- the concept of democracy within a band vs. dictatorship/forced leadership?
- the lack of his drumming on OM2?
- about the attempt by Geoff and Susan to push Whip out of the band in recent years (according to the declaration)?
- his thoughts on family getting involved in band business/nepotism?
- why Dedicated to Chaos didn't work/didn't satisfy fans?
- if the band has been in contact with Chris, or could see themselves working with him in the future to some extent?
- how he can talk about putting out a record in spring, when they are still in a battle over the name queensryche, and Tate is still going out as that this year?
- What kind of musician is Parker, and what do you think of his talent going forward, what does he bring to the table in the new band?
- What really happened to Mike Stone leaving/getting fired after such a successful Operation Mindcrime tour?
- Can you see the current band playing songs from Promised land all the way through to say American Soldier?

etc....

Just my thoughts.   Anyone agree?

Rychette

• BdR Supporter
  • Global Mind
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »

Ehh...I think most of those questions are off-limits (at least until after the legal mess is cleared up).   Scott has made it clear that their lawyer advised them not to discuss certain topics.   I appreciate the tight-lipped approach the guys are taking, especially in light of the mudslinging coming from the other side.  
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:09:24 PM by Rychette »

fonzbear2000

• Global Mind
  • Dragon Of The RĂ¿che
    • All my concerts, future and past
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:42 PM »

Early spring? I love hearing that! That means we should be getting a release date and new song soon because bands usually release those things around 2 months before an album. And should be out before tatertot's fakeryche! ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:49:07 PM by fonzbear2000 »
All my concerts, future and past: http://fonzbear2000.blogspot.com/ Check daily for updates.

My heart, tears, and prayers go out to all the sad, lonely, abused, and suffering children of the world!

rukh316

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Todd La Torre- The peoples singer!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »

Ehh...I think most of those questions are off-limits (at least until after the legal mess is cleared up).   Scott has made it clear that their lawyer advised them not to discuss certain topics.   I appreciate the tight-lipped approach the guys are taking, especially in light of the mudslinging coming from the other side.  
I agree with you, Rychette. I certainly don't see those things being addressed in public until after the case is over, if then. Depending on how sordid the info is, they may opt to continue taking the high road and never divulge it. A lot, IMO, would also depend on just how much the Tater runs off at the mouth after its over. If he were to continue suffering from his " I can't keep my mouth shut" syndrome and kept talking trash, I could see the guys patience finally eroding and blasting back. If I had to wager money on it, I'd bet they let it go and concentrate on the present & the future of the band, not dwell on the past.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

Judezki

• Global Mind
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Judezki92
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 02:00:19 AM »

As a drummer I like to listen to Scott, he's such a great dude  :metal:
She wore her pain like a shackled spirit, eternal life was her debt to pay. // Judezki92 @ YouTube (Drum covers etc.) & My Last.fm profile

DarknessOnTheWay

• Disciple of Dr. X
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 02:11:51 AM »

I love Scott's interviews, he's always so positive and upbeat, he sounds like a cool dude.

WestOThePecos

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • I am dwelling in the path seeking for truth!
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZ!! THE PHOTOSHOPS!!! F**K!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up