The Breakdown Room - Queensryche Discussion Forum

• October 31, 2014, 02:57:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Breakdown Room is now closed. It has been a fun and effective 10 years. Thank you everyone.

Poll

The new album is Queensryche's best since what past album?

EP
- 1 (1%)
Warning
- 0 (0%)
Rage For Order
- 0 (0%)
Operation: Mindcrime
- 7 (6.7%)
Empire
- 20 (19%)
Promised Land
- 56 (53.3%)
Hear In The Now Frontier
- 9 (8.6%)
Q2K
- 0 (0%)
Tribe
- 8 (7.6%)
Operation: Mindcrime 2
- 1 (1%)
American Soldier
- 1 (1%)
Dedicated To Chaos
- 2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The new album is Queensryche's best since what past album?  (Read 1905 times)

fonzbear2000

• Global Mind
  • Dragon Of The Rÿche
    • All my concerts, future and past
The new album is Queensryche's best since what past album?
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:44 PM »

After over 20 listens to the album since it was made available on Monday, I can truly and honestly say that this is easily their best album since Empire! My God! I never thought in a million years that I'd be able to say this! It's still a bit hard to believe! WOW!

Also, I didn't think there was any point to include Frequency Unknown. Now, if someone honestly comes on here and says that, I'll add it to the poll, but I really don't see that happening. :lol
All my concerts, future and past: http://fonzbear2000.blogspot.com/ Check daily for updates.

My heart, tears, and prayers go out to all the sad, lonely, abused, and suffering children of the world!

alanjason

• BdR Supporter
  • Global Mind
Re: The new album is Queensryche's best since what past album?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »

For me, it's the best since Promised Land.
Personality has the power to open many doors, but character must keep them open.

Marshal

• En Forcer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »

It is not possible for me to answer.
First, it is still to new.  It still has the new car smell.  So it hasnt stood the test of time yet.

More importantly though, I LOVE OM, Empire, and Promised Land.  This album will fall in there somewhere.  But Ill probably like it more than the EP, Rage, and Warning.  Cause QRs earlier stuff is not my favorite.  So I cant set it in a time period.

All that said though, this might become a top 3 QR album for me assuming it stands the test of time well.  Although I might just need 1 or 2 more songs to get it there.  I am feeling the shortness of it by having to listen to the same songs over and over.  I didnt think I would care, but I think I need another 15 minutes.  But thats just because I like it so damn much  :metal:

Walkin Theshire

• BdR Supporter
  • Global Mind
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »

I can actually say the same - best since Empire. While I loved PL when it came out and it grew on me even more over time, it doesn't compare to my reaction/thoughts on the new album in only a day. I'm absolutely blown away by it. And that is a HUGE deal, considering all the years of music highs I've had.
"...it's bigger than that. It's basically the entity of the name, what it means, the inherent value, creatively, and everything encompassed with the fans. As far as revenue streams, whatever, that's all part of it, but it's what's in our hearts that matters." – Michael Wilton

TauSigmaNova

• Global Mind
  • Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »

Promised Land is a bit too soft and slow for me. Empire it is.
A preacher, an ex-hooker, and a junkie walk into a bar...

Freedommetal

• Global Mind
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »

Promised Land.... As far as where it sits in ranking with the first 5 + EP, that I won't know until some time has passed. Killer album!!!!

Sylryches

• BdR Supporter
  • Global Mind
  • QueensrÿcheOFFICIAL fan with Taz!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »

I really do not like to compare album to album so I will just say this is just an awesome album on it's own with a whole new start! :metal: ;)

Maine is Where Dreams Die

• En Forcer
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »

For me, it's easily the best since Promised Land.  After 100's or 1000's of listens of the EP through Promised Land, it's way too soon for me to compare it to the classic stuff, but definitely the best after the classics.

IncredibleFulk

• Global Mind
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:13:28 PM »

I said Promised Land, but Promised Land is my favorite album of all time so that's not saying much :) That theoretically could put it #2 all-time (not just QR) for me, though I doubt it will honestly pass OMC so realistically it is, at best, #3 Queensryche to me. That's saying A LOT though.

dongringo

• Global Mind
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »

Empire
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

NJFIREFIGHTER

• En Forcer
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »

The.... will it hold the test of time comment is exactly how I feel, its way too soon for me to judge and compare it to the big 6 (EP--PL) mainly because of my age at the time, my musical preferences and how dear to my heart I hold those first 6 records cause of obviously living through that era with the band etc, plus the factor of the lackluster recent past, the whole downward spiral and tate breakup and us longing and hoping for a rockin record (which this is) This is a great fresh new start, a step in the right direction, a return of sorts to what I was hoping and waiting for. All that being said, I don't think it could ever take the place of any of those first 6 IMO. But at this point its easily up there with HITNF and Tribe (which are my 2 favorite post Promised Land albums) and a damn good start to the new/next chapter in Queensryche's catalog 

Aejej

• En Forcer
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:53 PM »

Since Empire. I had high hopes for PL when it came out but it fell short.

bosk1

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Colin Kaepernick's biceps do not like F.U.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 12:05:08 AM »

I'd say it is definitely better than anything from the stretch from Q2K through D2C.  Probably better than Warning and possibly HITNF (keep in mind, I LOVE HITNF), but I need more time with it to decide definitely.  But it may very well end up being top 5.  Most importantly, I was just hoping it would be able to stand up with the original lineup catalog, and regardless of where it stands among that set of albums, I feel it definitely does stand up with them.

rukh316

• BdR Supporter
  • Disciple of Dr. X
  • Todd La Torre- The peoples singer!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 12:38:16 AM »

I definitely like this better than PL. It also has a pretty decent shot to bump Empire in the pecking order. That would be about as high as it could go for me. I'm absolutely thrilled with it.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  " I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour? Narf"

TheWorld

• Initiate
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »

Mmm for me it goes after promised land. That album is really something special for me. It manages to connect on many different levels.

batlaw

• En Forcer
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 05:24:56 AM »

Tough call for me really. I voted since tribe but at the moment I'm feeling its a 4way tie between it, tribe, hitnf and American soldier. I can confidently say I like the new one better than any of these but at the moment I'm pretty sure I'm liking it at least as much. Need some more time to really gain perspective.
One group sounds familiar and the other sounds similar but neither sounds like Queensryche.
Tate owes his fans and bandmates an apology, the other guys owe the fans at least an explanation.

stevesmith1987

• Anarchist
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 05:31:01 AM »

Hard to say right now, without having lived with it for awhile, but I chose best since Mindcrime.  I think its on par with Empire/PL though.

Yax

• Anarchist
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 05:46:01 AM »

PL. I'm quite partial of Tribe too though, but the self titled album release is, slightly sharper. 

Mister Gold

• Global Mind
  • Seek And You Will Find The Cure
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 05:54:12 AM »

My Ranks

1. Promised Land
2. Rage for Order
3. Queensryche
4. Operation: Mindcrime or The Warning (in its intended song order)
5. The Warning (regular song order) or Operation: Mindcrime
6. Empire
7. Queensryche E.P.

So I guess the answer I'd give is "best since Promised Land", but I feel like that's a misleading answer, since I rank PL the highest in QR's discography and I rank almost all of the other classic QR albums under the self-titled album.
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the Abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

bosk1

• Disciple of Dr. X
  • Colin Kaepernick's biceps do not like F.U.
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:35 AM »

Okay, well to do mine in most "list" format:

Empire
Promised Land
Mindcrime
>
Rage
HITNF
Warning
>
American Soldier
Tribe
Mindcrime II
Q2K
D2C

(I don't rank the EP or Take Cover)

I would put "the Green Album" somewhere in between the two arrowheads.  Definitely better than the stuff below it, and I would be shocked if it rises above the stuff above it.  But it is somewhere in that range with Rage, HITNF, and Warning.   I can't tell exactly where, because it's too new.  But it is in very good company.

And, yes, I do realize that HITNF is ranked at #5.  Thanks for asking.  Some days, depending on my mood, I would rank it as high as #3.  Come at me.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up